Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Log on
- Navigate the Console
- Views Available in NNMi
- Use Views to Display Data
- Use Hypervisor Diagrams and Dialogs
- Work with Objects
- Display Information About NNMi
- Display NNMi Version and License Information
- Use Actions to Perform Tasks
- NNMi's Global Network Management Feature (NNMi Advanced)
- Learn Your Network Inventory
- Access Device Details
- Schedule Outages for Nodes or Node Groups
- Explore SNMP MIB Source Information
- Use the MIB Browser
- View Maps (Network Connectivity)
- Monitor Devices for Problems
- Monitor Incidents for Problems
- Investigate and Diagnose Problems
- View Lists of the Unmanaged Objects in Your Network
- Check the Status of NNMi
- Monitor Performance with Network Reports
- Monitor with the NNM iSPI Performance for QA
- Monitor with the NNM iSPI Performance for Traffic
- Monitor with the NNM iSPI for MPLS
- Monitor with the NNM iSPI for IP Multicast
- Monitor Your IP Multicast Inventories
- Monitor Your Network with IP Multicast Forms
- Monitor Your Network using the iSPI for IP Multicast Global Network Manager
- IP Multicast Processes and Services
- View Your Network Connectivity
- Actions Available in the NNM iSPI for IP Multicast
- Integration of the iSPI for IP Multicast with the iSPI for MPLS
- Monitor with the NNM iSPI for IP Telephony
Monitor with the NNM iSPI for IP Multicast
The Network Node Manager iSPI for IP Multicast Software(NNM iSPI for IP Multicast) enables you to monitor the health of your multicast network.
IP multicast is a technology that efficiently sends data to a group of receivers in a single transmission to save network bandwidth. It is ideal for applications where the source transmits a large set of data to many destinations at one time.
The NNM iSPI for IP Multicast works in conjunction with NNMi to gather information about your multicast network. The NNM iSPI for IP Multicast monitors the multicast flows passing through the multicast-enabled nodes and Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) interfaces.
Examples of the applications using an IP Multicast network:
- Webcasts or audiocasts
- Distance learning or video conferencing
- Inventory, pricing, or stock data delivered to many destinations simultaneously
These applications need sufficient bandwidth or prioritization to prevent duplicate, dropped, or out-of-sequence packets. This requires the monitoring and management of the multicast traffic.
The NNM iSPI for IP Multicast, in conjunction with NNMi, enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Discover and monitor the IP multicast routing topology in your network management environment.
- Monitor the health of multicast-enabled nodes, PIM interfaces, and neighbors.
- Monitor the flows against the expected flow topology.
- View the list of receivers of a particular multicast flow.
- Troubleshoot the network by using the IP multicast map views such as Forwarding Trees, Reverse Paths, Neighbor Views, and Snapshots.
- Monitor the IP multicast Inventories from the Global Network Manager and Regional Manager.
- Monitoring the incidents based on IP multicast activity to enable rapid identification of faults on the network.
- Troubleshoot the IP Multicast-VPN network by integrating with the Network Node Manager iSPI for MPLS Software.
- Generate the IP multicast reports using the NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics.
Monitor the IP multicast traffic flow rate available in the map views.
The traffic flow rate is available only if you deploy the Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Metrics Software.
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to email@example.com.
Help Topic ID: